Who Belongs to Kiwanis
Membership in Kiwanis is open to all men and women who are
willing to attend meetings, work on projects, and wish to make a difference in
their community. The Castleton-Schodack Kiwanis Club is made up of local
citizens dedicated to making their community and the world a better place to
live through their volunteer efforts. Each member volunteers many hours each
year, and enjoys nearly every minute of it.
What can Kiwanis Can Do For You?
- Provide the opportunity for you to become personally involved
in the life of your community, and to help improve your community, the nation,
and the world;
- Provide you with the opportunity for fellowship that is
often lacking in a busy world, and to make lifetime friendships based on mutual
interest and the shared joy of doing for others;
- Enable you to share ideas and opinions with others who wish
to make the world a better place in which to live,;
- Help you to develop leadership skills by serving a Kiwanis
Club in positions of responsibility;
- Provide you with the opportunity to help train tomorrow's
leaders through Kiwanis' unique Sponsored Youth Programs;
- Help broaden your general knowledge by providing speakers on
scores of interesting subjects during club meetings;
- Provide you with the good feeling that comes from knowing you
have personally helped your community and its people.
What can you do for Kiwanis?
- Participate in club meetings and functions;
- Give club members a chance to know you better, and to build
lasting friendships with you;
- Strengthen a Kiwanis Club by lending your talents and special
skills where they are needed;
- Speak out and share your ideas with others;
- Stengthen Kiwanis by inviting your friends to join your
- In short, help to keep Kiwanis the number one service
organization in the world today.
How Active are Members?
- A member's level of activity in the Castleton-Schodack
Kiwanis depends upon the member's schedule outside of Kiwanis. Some members are
very active and participate in most weekly meetings and community service
projects. Other members participate in only a few meetings and community
- Each member decides upon his/her level of participation.
Often a member's degree of participation may vary when the member has children
who are very active in school activities.
- The Castleton-Schodack Kiwanis respects each member's right
to determine the level of activity that is appropriate for that member.
Interested In Joining? If you would like to lean more
about the Castleton-Schodack Kiwanis, we invite you to be our quest at one of
our upcoming meetings. Please contact president
Ted Kulpa (518-732-4228) and we will make
arrangements for you to attend a meeting.