Who Belongs to Kiwanis?What can Kiwanis
Can Do For You?
Membership in Kiwanis is open
to all men and women who are willing to attend meetings, work on projects, and
wish to make a difference in their community. Your local Kiwanis club is made
up of local citizens dedicated to making your community and the world a better
place to live through their volunteer efforts. Each member volunteers many
hours each year, and enjoys nearly every minute of it.
What can you do for Kiwanis?
- Provide the opportunity for you to become personally involved
in the life of your community, and to help improve your community, the nation,
and the world;
- Provide you with the opportunity for fellowship that is
often lacking in a busy world, and to make lifetime friendships based on mutual
interest and the shared joy of doing for others;
- Enable you to share ideas and opinions with others who wish
to make the world a better place in which to live, and to participate in an
informal exchange of ideas on a wide range of topics;
- Help you to develop leadership skills by enabling you to
serve a Kiwanis Club in positions of responsibility;
- Provide you with the opportunity to help train tomorrow's
leaders through Kiwanis' unique Sponsored Youth Programs;
- Help broaden your general knowledge by providing speakers on
scores of interesting subjects during club meetings;
- Provide you with the good feeling that comes from knowing you
have personally helped your community and its people, and the knowledge that
the effort of each individual really counts.
- Participate regularly in club meetings and functions;
- Give club members a chance to know you better, and to build
lasting friendships with you;
- Strengthen a Kiwanis Club by lending your talents and special
skills where they are needed;
- Speak out and share your ideas with others;
- Recognize other club members for their contributions to the
organization and the community;
- Stengthen Kiwanis by inviting your friends to join your
- In short, help to keep Kiwanis the number one service
organization in the world today.
How can I join Kiwanis?
Contact the president or
secretary of one of the local Kiwanis Clubs listed on the
Club Information page of this WEB Site, or send
an e-mail message to the Lt.
Governor of the Van Rensselaer Division.