Who Belongs to Kiwanis?
What can Kiwanis Can Do For You?
Membership in Kiwanis is open to all who are willing to attend meetings, work on projects, and wish to make a difference in their community. Your local Kiwanis club is made up of local citizens dedicated to making your community and the world a better place to live through their volunteer efforts. Each member volunteers many hours each year, and enjoys nearly every minute of it.
What can you do for Kiwanis?
- Provide the opportunity for you to become personally involved in the life of your community, and to help improve your community, the nation, and the world;
- Provide you with the opportunity for fellowship that is often lacking in a busy world, and to make lifetime friendships based on mutual interest and the shared joy of doing for others;
- Enable you to share ideas and opinions with others who wish to make the world a better place in which to live, and to participate in an informal exchange of ideas on a wide range of topics;
- Help you to develop leadership skills by enabling you to serve a Kiwanis Club in positions of responsibility;
- Provide you with the opportunity to help train tomorrow's leaders through Kiwanis' unique Sponsored Youth Programs;
- Help broaden your general knowledge by providing speakers on scores of interesting subjects during club meetings;
- Provide you with the good feeling that comes from knowing you have personally helped your community and its people, and the knowledge that the effort of each individual really counts.
- Participate regularly in club meetings and functions;
- Give club members a chance to know you better, and to build lasting friendships with you;
- Strengthen a Kiwanis Club by lending your talents and special skills where they are needed;
- Speak out and share your ideas with others;
- Recognize other club members for their contributions to the organization and the community;
- Stengthen Kiwanis by inviting your friends to join your Kiwanis Club;
- In short, help to keep Kiwanis the number one service organization in the world today.
How can I join Kiwanis?
Contact the president or secretary of one of the local Kiwanis Clubs listed on the Club Information page of this Website, or send an e-mail message to the Lt. Governor of the Van Rensselaer Division.